- FIRSTLY: You need to invest in the correct sized Energy Storage and Solar Array, as that in turn allows you to store & self consume all your own daily energy needs.
If not & you remain Grid connected, you will remain enslaved to paying the deceptively titled electricity Retailers (see this Video) $30~$40per Month just to remain state-grid connected.
Retailers inflate the actual cost of energy by over 300% (commercial peak rate is 8~11cents kWh), and Retailers only hand you an electricity Bill, and lets not forget the misleading self governed energy regulators, who in turn are owned by State Grid!
- Energy Storage is the MAIN key to becoming Power independent, how you charge your energy bank is the next most important matter to understand, when set-up correctly you will NEVER have to purchase energy again, off-grid people know this, keep in mind, a Feed In Tariff (FIT) or Grid Credit is a paid/credited reward for what would normally be wasted power!
LiFePo4 Battery's are best in affordability at approx. $500kWh, with approx. a 10yr cycle life, where NiFe batteries have a proven track record to last for 30~60+years, during that time your original investment cost would have been returned 10 fold in ongoing energy savings/rewards, and like a car, batteries are easy to relocate!
- Solar Panels: We first offer the latest Solar panel technology, being 700W Bi-facial, Shingled Monocrystalline panels, as well as 555W Shingled Solar Panels !
People with existing Solar are in the best position whilst the FIT is so low!
NB: Think for a minute, if you export say 5'000kWh of energy a Year (13kWh day) to your retailer @$0.08kWh you get a measly Yearly rebate of $400, where if you sent that energy into storage, you save paying for 5'000kWh @$0.30 =$1'500 per year, that savings will in turn Pay for your battery(s), by self consuming your own electricity after hours!
With existing Solar, the investment in batteries usually takes 1~3 year to self fund, in energy savings.
NB: In most cases, it would be way better to relocate Rooftop solar panels onto a DAT Unit, if you have the ground space!
- Hybrid-Inverter: We recommend you install one !
Why you may Asking ? Because common Solar only inverters are only good for Solar input, Not Solar & Batteries.
Hybrid Inverters allow you at any time to plug in batteries, and a Generator, or even Wind & Aqua generation, it's a simple a plug & play upgrade.
Some Hybrid inverters can automatically start & stop a generator as programmed, this would normally only happen late in the evening or very early in the morning, usually to simply produce additional energy to top-up your batteries in the event they were heavily discharged, or extended period of bad weather, running just long enough to top-up the batteries get you through to Sunrise, where your Solar array will take over again.
- FINALY: Installing a Dual-Axis Solar Tracking Arrays in the greater Sydney region increase Solar harvesting/generation up to 11.5 hours per day, and the further south you live, a DAT can increase your energy generating to over 130% kWh per day more than fixed Flat panel Solar installation, Solar Tracking is covered here in more detail.
If you can grasp all that information, you are well enough informed to become Power Independent!
If you want to know what it will cost, then fill in this form & let us provide you with a Free Micro Power Grid Estimation cost !
If you want to better understand Power Bill charges Read this information.
Learn the difference between Power (kW) & Energy (kWh).