There is a lot of interest for engines fitting into this capacity, as ongoing development we are looking for interested joint venture partner wanting to design, build and test a 300~1000cc purpose built Generator engine &/or ultra-lite Aviation engine using our patented CCE technology.
We have just submitted a funding proposal to design & manufacture a purpose build Ethanol Generator engine, this engine is largely aimed to assist farmers world wide to become independent of "State Power Grid", with there ever increasing charges!
Ongoing research is underway with several manufacturers, we anticipate this will lead to the retro-fitting of suitable OEM thermals to allow us to manufacture and proceed to a production run of a small to mid sized Revetec engines !
Basic engine design configurations;
- Two or Four cylinder, V2 or X4 configurations.
- 4 stroke Ethanol, Petrol, LPG, CNG or Diesel fuel with 15:1 or lower compression.
- 350~1'000cc capacity with max 3'000 rpm +/-500.
- Aviation design requires the lightest possible parts and materials.
- Aviation or Marine engines can take advantage of our unique CCE design to utilises our Contra Rotating Propellers without shafts without a gearbox.
- In 2016 we initially priced OEM thermals (cylinders & heads etc.) from an Italian manufacturer to build a 2 cylinder engine, these OEM parts were priced at over $3'300, a later model had lighter Aluminium wet sleeve Cylinders, reducing the engine weigh by over 4kg, unfortunately they out priced themselves.
- We are now in communications with other manufacturers to source there OEM suitable thermals & parts.
- An X4 engine is more suited to slower rev range of approx. 3'000rpm (max 3'500rpm), compared to all other "Aviation engines" that need operate between 6'000~10'000rpm to gain enough power only to then to use a re-drive gearbox or pulleys, to be able to drive a large propeller. NB: Most propellers become inefficient above 3'000rpm, that is why most engines use a reduction re-drive system.
- We are considering marketing a production run of engines through a crowd sharing web site, possibly in the Technology section of Kick Starter web site. Obviously a production run of engines will not happen until after successful pre-production testing is completed. Crowd sharing is a great way to obtain funding prior to actually manufacturing. If all goes well we are anticipating this to take place ASAP. With limited funding the directors of RHL feel this is the best way to move this project forwards in a timely manner.
NB: Revetec can not sell shares on KickStarter, we can only sell a product!
If you are reading this and want to be involved with an engine project, we are open to discussion.
To support this project please click here to Purchase shares in Revetec!
-------- / --------
UNIQUE Engine Naming Rights:
If you or your company wants to finance this design, Please click here to Bid or Pledge for the "Signature Naming rights"(^) that will be on the block of each engine.
The successful bidder could have their personal or company name placed onto every block of production run engines built to the same specifications, forever immortalising the successful bidder. The successful bidder will also have the option to purchase the No.1 engine off the production line!
(^) Your name or a company name placed on the block of each engine (#subject to conditions).
(*) Depending on the final engine capacity and OEM parts cost.
(#) All successful applicants will automatically become part of the Revetec design team, and in doing so will be sharing all improvements as per licence agreement.
CCE = Controlled Combustion Engine.
Thermals = Cylinder and Heads.
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer.
TBO = Time Before Overhaul.
CDS = Centre Drive Shafts (Trilobe's).
EFI = Electronic Fuel Injection.
PPG = Powered Paraglider.
WPPG = Wheeled Powered Paraglider.